Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Art Doll Galore!.




I was sorting around my art supplies and old material and came across a book that I received as a gift when I was around 9 years old. It was titled, "My First Sewing Book". I remember making everything in it including a simple skirt and bandana....yes a bandana. The book was first published in 1970, which I am sure is the year I recieved it. I remember making these animals for myself and I thought my daughter would love them....sure enough, to get this picture I had to wait till she was at school. She has named them "Zinkies", "Roxy" and "Poxy". After sewing all weekend, I thought to myself, why aren't I doing this with my art. I have always loved to sew and have an ancient sewing machine in my art room. I gathered up all of my sewing stuff, which all looks to be dated from the late 70's and started working on an art doll. I modeled after my "Peaceful Angel" picture. I can't wait till she's done. I will post a picture as soon as I finish her. I hope to sell these in my etsy store. She is totally sewn with my own pattern that I made after the painting, then painted with gesso, then detailed with acylic paint. . I plan on detailing her more with black ink, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I also haven't made the heart yet, I was wondering what I should use, maybe paper mache'. This is a new beginning.....another one....haha.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails