She Just Came Out of the Paint

December 11, 2008

This little fairy literally just popped out of the painting. I was experimenting again, and just painted away mixing greens and blues and golds. I left lots of water and paint overnight on the surface not knowing what was going to happen. This morning I started to sketch and wala, she just came out. Her face is so sweet,and once again, I wish you could see the shimmery golds and greens that shine ever just so softly. I have been painting on small sizes of watercolor paper sized at 4 x 5.5, so I don't have to invest a ton of time on it. That way, I can move on quickly to the next one.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, she is so beautiful! I love your style!!! I just cannot get enough, it seems. I am so glad I discovered your blog and pretty pretty art.

suzanne.artist said...

lovely work, and a beautiful blog!

Suzanne in CT

Ann's ART said...

Love this one!

PCarriker said...

What a beautiful piece! I can't wait to see your Shades of Gray:-) Let me know when they're up!
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Pam

Tammie Lee said...

This little being is so tender and alive. Really wonderful!

thecharmingplace.com. Powered by Blogger.