Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cute Whimsical Voodoo Dolls...Make your own.




Yesterday my daughter received some cute dolls made of string......I took one look at them and said, "I can make those". Especially when they cost between 8 and 12 dollars each. I must say however, they are really simple to make, but the hard part is the decorating. I looked up the original string dolls and they were the simplest looking, I think later on other companies took over and started making them a little bit more elaborate. The ones shown in the picture above are made by me and my eight year old daughter. I did the bodies and she did the decorating. By my calculations the bodies took about 10 minutes to make from start to finish by bending the wire to wrapping with one continuous piece of string. The decorating took longer. This is a great project for anyone to do on a rainy afternoon. After we made them, I could hear her up in her room playing and pretending the rest of the night. I made a video that shows how to make the string "voodoo" dolls. Enjoy!

No comments: