Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Longing for some warm weather!!!!




After sitting at my sewing maching for the last week, I was drawn finally to my easel to paint. I think the longing for some warm weather inspired me to paint this woman. Its almost like a self portrait of some sorts. Although I wish I didn't have any wrinkles like this woman..... I do love tulips and the warmth of the summer sun, and the warm evenings sitting outside listening to the crickets. This painting brings me back to a style I had long forgotten. I used to paint like this all the time, but changed into an illustration type of style lately. Not sure, but getting back to my grass roots is a change I needed. It seems like I am trying so many things trying to find that niche I long for.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails