Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I won 3rd place!!!!




Good morning. I thought I would post the photo of my painting that I won 3rd place in Grimsby'S Annual Heritage Art Contest. I was honoured to be chosen 3rd from the many beautiful art pieces. When the winners were being announce I realized I had to give a speech about my painting....I don't know about the rest of you, but I was so nervous. I guess I did a good job (hubby said so) but he had to say that....hahaha.....and I did hear people laughing because I made a few comments that were funny, so I think it went over well. Little did they know I was cringing in side and just wanted to sit down. lol :) This was a great experience and there was quite the crowd present, so I encourage you all to enter a local art contest, if not for the competition, just for the sheer thrill of seeing your art being seen by so many people.

9 comments:

Kelly Lish said...

Congratulations! How exciting! Have a wonderful week!

Nicola said...

Congratulations!!! That is so cool!!! Well done :o)

Annette Q said...

Wow! Congratulations! Its something i've always thought of doing but never get around to it
:-)

Poetic Artist said...

Congratulations..I would have passed with fright to have to talk in front of a group. YKKKS

Lindy Gaskill said...

Congrats! That must feel really good! Keep up the great work!

amaniworks said...

wow, that is awesome! congratulations!

Vicki said...

I was blog browsing and found your delightful blog.

Congratulations on taking 3rd place!
I am sure it is even more special to win for a piece that is a new direction for you.

I visited your Etsy shop and really like your art!

Caterina Giglio said...

congratulations!!

Trish said...

yeaaahhhh:) so happy for you; you deserve it. trishchean